Sunday, October 4, 2009

Miércoles

I have my second dance exam this Wednesday.

Here in Chile, the education system is different: specialization, taking classes only within your degree. Usually, USA universities promote a "liberal arts" education approach -- meaning we require a more holistic realm of knowledge in literature, language, math, history, philosophy, and science. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

In my dancing class, therefore, every Chilean student has a physical education major and has taken other dancing classes before this. It all makes sense now why the majority are stellar, and I look like junk at times. But Isa still enjoys dancing to the fullest, don't you doubt it!!
***
This Wednesday the genres in the 5 min time frame include:
Disco ("I Will Survive")
Rock N' Roll ("Shake, Rattle & Roll")
Reggaeton ("Llamado de Emergencia")
Tango ("Por una Cabeza")
Rhythm & Blues
Hip-Hop
***
I will be recording the performance but not necessarily sharing.
Thanks for your prayers. :)

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean "not necessarily sharing" the video? Break my heart, will you?

    ReplyDelete