Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BaileEntretenido

I started dancing about two years ago for the first time -- not counting my ballet classes when I was five or the years I've grown up with the Germanfests of polka. Since then my curiosity for the art form has only grown. I danced for about 4 hours today, preparing for my first dancing exam!
I have to say, my knees and shoulders were really sore from the incident on Monday. However, in a matter of 2 days, we choreographed 7 tropical dances (salsa, merengue, cumbia, rumba, chachacha, samba, zouk) in a five minute time frame. Harder than you would think. It brings a smile to my face to think how in the USA I am a relatively decent dancer, with rhythm and enthusiasm. But by Chilean (Latino) standards.... well, that's another story.
My hips do lie cross-culturally. Take that Shakira.

2 comments:

  1. If you are ever feeling frustrated and rhythmically challenged, just try to imagine me...dancing...even worse, latin dancing. That should give you an instant surge of confidence. Oh, and I expect some sultry dance lessons when you come home...yes, I did just use your favorite word. Hare lo que me de la gana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both (Isabel and Michelle) make me laugh! Thanks for that pleasure so early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete